[GCompris-devel] the MacOS side of things

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Sat May 2 22:35:13 UTC 2015

Hi, thanks for your feedback, see my answers bellow.

Le 30/04/2015 19:44, B.J. a écrit :
> Here are some [very] minor things I've noticed while students use 0.35
> release under my observation:
>
>   * Sliding block puzzle game (cars) - it might help if
>     refreshing/resetting the current puzzle would maintain the same
>     car colors...it changes them each time as it is.

I also noticied this but was lazy to look at it. This is now fixed.

>   * Number sequence (connect the dots) - if it's possible to offer a
>     preference to begin at 1 instead of 0, it might be a minor
>     enhancement, since some users don't have sufficient cognition to
>     remember the concept of “zero"

Fixed, it starts at 1 all the time.

>   * In “falling words” if students type any faster than the voice that
>     announces letters, the queue of sounds to be played pile up.  If
>     the level changes the voice will continue reading letters from the
>     last level.  It’s more entertaining/amusing than cumbersome, but
>     like I said these are minor—trying really hard to point out
>     anything we can find!

I could not reproduce but added a clear of the audio queue on level change.

>   * Fullscreen works if we enter preferences, turn fs off, return to
>     the main screen, enter preferences again, turn fs back on, and
>     return to the main screen.  Once the program is exited we have to
>     run through the same process to re-enable true fullscreen.  I’m
>     sure that one’s already known though.

This one is more complex. We have to report the bug to Qt. A good
workaround is to use ctrl-f several times until for are in the desired
state.

> Otherwise I don't think they're noticing anything super-odd yet; we'll
> keep at it.  We can't wait until the jigsaw puzzles and/or the
> painting details are ready, hopefully someday :)
This is in the pipe.

> So many things are better, but in particular they've noticed that
> "count the items" (because of the per-item checking) and "falling
> words" (because of the audio feedback) are vastly improved.  I'm going
> to try to play with the fullscreen problem this summer if i can
> allocate time.  Bruno—thanks again for sending me notice about the new
> binary!

I am glad the children and you noticed our efforts.