[GCompris-devel] RELEASE 0.41

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Wed Jul 8 22:37:15 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Just uploaded the release 0.41 on the Google play store. Sadly, the x86
apk is now larger than 50MB and thus is not accepted. For the next
release we have to add support for Apk expansion files. For now x86
Android users can run it through their emulation layer or download the
apk on gcompris.net.

Since last version (0.34), we added 17 activities making GCompris going
over 100 activities (103 to be precise): algebra_div, babymatch,
babyshapes, braille_fun, chronos, details, geo-country, geography,
hanoi, hanoi_real, imagename, intro_gravity, louis-braille, simplepaint,
superbrain, tic_tac_toe and tic_tac_toe_2players.

Moreover, thanks to KDE translation teams, we have 15 languages fully
supported: Ukrainian, Swedish, Spanish, Slovenian (new), Portuguese,
Polish, Norwegian Nynorsk, Italian, German (new), Galician (new),
French, Dutch, Chinese Simplified, Catalan, British English and
Brazilian Portuguese.

Also, following the indiegogo campaign [1], Timothée Giet managed to
update all icons (activities + core ones) along with some background
images. You can see the result in this video [2].

The tarball:
http://gcompris.net/download/beta/gcompris-0.41.tar.bz2

The Android binaries:
http://gcompris.net/download/beta/GCompris-Android-release-signed-aligned-x86-dl-0.42.apk