[GCompris-devel] Android testing [beta]

JAZEIX Johnny jazeix at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 21:15:28 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 07/04/15 23:19, Antoni Bella Pérez wrote:
> El Dissabte 4 Juliol 2015, a les 19:14:29, vau escriure:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 07/03/15 13:02, Antoni Bella Pérez wrote:
>>>     Hi
>>>
>>>     I have done testing and improvements with beta for Android and I
>>>     reported
>>>
>>> the following.
>>>
>>> ---------------
>>>
>>> The title of this activity appears twice times.
>>>
>>> activities/mosaic/ActivityInfo.qml:26
>>> activities/mosaic/ActivityInfo.qml:27
>>>
>>> Rebuild the mosaic
>> In fact, when there is enough space, we display both the activity name
>> and its description. For this activity, the description is the same as
>> the name so it's displayed twice. Maybe we can remove the description
>> for the release and do a more complete one for after?

We removed the text for the release and updated it for the master branch.

>>> ---------------
>>>
>>> OK button is untranslatable
>>>
>>> gcompris/src/core/resource/bar_ok.svg
>> Maybe we can change the button by a qml element (circle with
>> translatable text inside).
>>
>>> ---------------
>>>
>>> Activities with sound: the last sound is replaced by the congratulation
>>> (Falling Words, and others). I think there should be a period of time
>>> between.

Bruno did a fix for this issue. Now, there is a wait of 2 seconds before
playing the bonus qllowing the last letter to be played.

>>> ---------------
>>>
>>> A question for Catalan:
>>>
>>> No sound for 'Ç' letter: Just add it, or need some more work?

Only add it in the voices should be enough.
There are probably other missing sounds:
é U00E9.ogg
à U00E0.ogg
è U00E8.ogg
í U00ED.ogg
ü U00FC.ogg
ò U00F2.ogg
ó U00F3.ogg
ç U00E7.ogg
ú U00FA.ogg
ï U00EF.ogg

There is the same problem at least in French (all accented characters
seem to have no sound).

As sounds are not directly shipped in the release but are downloaded
besides (except in the case user don't use internet and have downloaded
the version including all the voices), you can update them without rush :).

Johnny