[GCompris-devel] Review GCompris on https://www.kde.org/applications/education/

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Tue Jul 7 20:17:49 UTC 2015

Am Montag, 6. Juli 2015, 23:13:34 schrieb JAZEIX Johnny:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for adding the pages.
>
> For me, it's good, I just have a little question: the donate button
> refers to KDE and/but GCompris has its own donate button on its website.
> Is it ok on both sides?

I guess it is, because https://krita.org/support-us/donations/ has an own
donate button as well.
But you should ask on kde-community at kde.org

>   On 07/03/15 22:25, Burkhard Lück wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > please review GCompris on the KDE Application page
> >
> > https://www.kde.org/applications/education/
> >
> > The corresponding files for the GCompris page you find in
> > http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/www/sites/www/
> >
> > 1) applications/apps/gcompris.json
> > Data in this file is taken from gcompris.appdata.xml
> > A comment from Alexander Potashev on kde-www at kde.org where I asked for
> > technical review:
> > "In my opinion, "Educational Game" ist no bueno because GCompris
> > comprises numerous games and exercises."
>
> Would he see it in the Games section instead?
> In my opinion, it can be seen as a compilation of games but they all try
> to have an educational value, so it fits on both categories (as Blinkey,
> KAnagram, KHangman for example).

Probably Alexander meant "Educational Games" (plural?) "because GCompris
comprises numerous games and exercises"

> > 2) applications/apps/gcompris_generated.json
> > You see the content of this file when you click on "Show more information
> > about GCompris" on https://www.kde.org/applications/education/gcompris.
> > I added Bruno, Johnny and Holger only because I had contact via mail with
> > them.
> > In the credits object is only a placeholder, I did not know whom to add.
> > You can even skip this object if you will not use it.
>
> I can generate a list of all the commiters for the author part. On the
> "Thanks to" part, we can add all the translators?

Sure it is up to you what you add there.
But there is only one file (kimagemapeditor_generated.json) with translators
mentioned and I doubt that the KDE translatioń teams expect to be listed here.

--
Burkhard Lück