[GCompris-devel] Bug in the translation system

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Fri Jan 16 00:47:31 UTC 2015

Le 15/01/2015 10:41, Johnny Jazeix a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I pushed the 3-steps translation yesterday, feel free to test and tell
> me if I missed something.

Hi,

I just made a test and it works. To test I pick a partially translated
po like Gaelic. In GCompris I enter the about dialog box and check the
version is display properly without translation (and no error in the
console due to the missing %1 in the string).

I made a push to pick the translation file in upstream instead of
playground. This will allow us to manage a stable and a master branch
for our translations. We are currently under review at KDE to move to
extragear. See the process here if you want more details:
https://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Application_Lifecycle

That said, we have a problem now because KDE translator already updated
our translations based on master. So our plan to publish a bug fix
release for the Andoid version is more complicated.

As we did not get major issues on Android, maybe a good option is to
start preparing a new release based on master. Any suggestion?