[GCompris-devel] Release 0.27 on Android

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Thu Feb 12 01:52:39 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I just published a new release on the Beta section of the App Store. If
you are in the Google+ beta tester please test it. It should be
available in a few hours.

If you are not in the beta program, you can join it there:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/net.gcompris

Here are the release notes, there is not many new activities, we are
still in a polishing phase and stabilizing phase:

Bug fixes and improvements:

- A new activity in the reading section to learn words. Currently supports
   German, English, Spanish, French, Gaelic and Brazilian Portuguese
- Menu, add a message when we have no favorite
- Menu, better icon for locked activities
- Falling letters, adaptive falling speed on success / failure
- Color mixing, fixed broken image on some system. Fixed text position.
- Fix a crash in restricted profile.
- Disabled particle effects as it crashes on several Android devices
- Our VirtualKeyboard has a larger key height
- On many activities, normalized difficulty levels. Now level 1 does not
   require reading skills.
- DialogConfig, allow to set a base font-size
- DialogConfig, better layout in portrait mode
- Android: stop all audio playback when application leaves active state
- Ask for downloading voices at the first start
- No more show the blocked activities if in demo mode (An option can
   enable it)
- Update of Andika and OpenDyslexic fonts

Translations update:

- Ukrainian (Yuri Chornoivan), Swedish (Stefan Asserhäll), Portuguese
(José Nuno Coelho Pires), Polish (Łukasz Wojniłowicz), French (Ludovic
Grossard), Dutch (Freek de Kruijf), Chinese Simplified (Weng Xuetian),
Brazilian Portuguese (Luiz Fernando Ranghetti).

New translations:

- Ukrainian, Norwegian Nynorsk (Karl Ove Hufthammer), Italian (Vincenzo
Reale), Catalan (Antoni Bella Pérez), British English.

Developpers:

- Bruno Coudoin, Burkhard Lück, Holger Kaelberer, Johnny Jazeix, Karl
Ove Hufthammer, Luigi Toscano, Paolo Gibellini.