[GCompris-devel] GCompris call for translation

JAZEIX Johnny jazeix at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 21:00:36 UTC 2015

Hi,

we saw a string that can be misunderstood: "non-free" in "Show non-free
activities" which means in our case "paying activities" and not as in
freedom of free software.

As it is translated in the second option in at least French and Swedish,
we prefer to break the string freeze to update it with "Show locked
activities" instead. I just pushed the patch in git so it should be soon
available for translations.

It also shifts the maintenance release (planned for yesterday). We plan
to do the release this week-end so it would be great if the translations
were up-to-date friday if it's enough time for you to make this change.

Sorry about the extra work but as it could be communicated as "GCompris
is not 100% free software" we prefered to remove the potential
misleading before causing a potential mess.

Johnny