[GCompris-devel] GCompris RELEASE 0.50

Bruno Friedmann bruno at ioda-net.ch
Sun Dec 20 17:45:08 UTC 2015

On Sunday 20 December 2015 03.50:05 Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> Hello world,
>
> Just on time for Christmas and after 6 months of hard work we are ready
> to provide the children with GCompris 0.50.
>
> If you want to help, please make some posts in your community about
> GCompris.
>
> Tarball: http://gcompris.net/download/beta/gcompris-0.50.tar.bz2
> (GNU/Linux packagers are welcome)
> Android arm:
> http://gcompris.net/download/beta/GCompris-Android-release-signed-aligned-armeabi-dl-0.50.apk
>
> Bruno.

I'm trying to upgrade the openSUSE package created during Randa.
My concern is mostly that 0.44 was called
gcompris-qt-0.44.tar.bz2 containing gcompris-qt/ base path.

I can adapt the packaging to what seems to be the new name gcompris but it would then
invalidate previous gtk version (conflict on the name) if called gcompris.

I would like to know what upstream decide then :
keep gcompris name for the gtk version until qt port is stable (1.0x) something
and then continue to use gcompris-qt for the new port.

In the second case, it would easier (I guess) packager work to have a consistent source name
and inside gcompris-qt-VERSION.tar.bz2 and path inside.

What's your thoughts for this request ?

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

 openSUSE Member & Board, fsfe fellowship
 GPG KEY : D5C9B751C4653227
 irc: tigerfoot