[gcompris-devel] No audio in OS X Mavericks beta

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Fri Sep 26 21:46:42 UTC 2014

Hi,

Thib, I tested your new build on MacOSX 10.9.4 and got no sound. There
is the error 'no service found for -
"org.qt-project.qt.mediaplayer"'.

What afraids me is that when I run compile and run GCompris in
developper mode (compiled in Qt Creator with Qt 5.3.2) I have no sound.

I tested and the Qml Audio item works fine in a test project with a wav
file, an mp3 file but not with an ogg file.

So we have 2 problems there, the Audio item does not play ogg files and
does not work at all with files in rcc.

Thib, can you confirm my findings on your side, I am not that
comfortable on a Mac :/