[gcompris-devel] Suggestion: migrate from GitHub to GitLab

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Wed Sep 10 20:49:39 UTC 2014

Le 10/09/2014 10:12, Pollak, Robert a écrit :
> Dear Bruno, dear list,
>
> I would like to suggest to move the public GCompris Git repository from
> closed-source GitHub to gitlab.com (see
> https://gitlab.com/explore/projects), which at least have an
> MIT-licensed community version of their code, see
> https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce.
>
> Best regards,
> Robert

Hi,

I am aware of the situation of GitHub and this is one of the reason it
is not our main development platform.

Our main repository is in fact already on the gitlab instance of KDE:
https://git-next.kde.org/kde/gcompris

I believe it important to be on GitHub to give some exposure to the
project and allow anyone to fork the project without having to create
them an account. When I get a decent contribution I request the new
developer to move on our KDE repository.