[gcompris-devel] About Art4Apps library

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Sun Jan 12 11:43:45 UTC 2014

Le 12/01/2014 01:00, Isabelle Duston a écrit :
> Recently I have tried the artificial "text to speach" softwares to generate audio.... the result is amazing, and much easier than getting real recording.
>
> There might be some copyright issue, so I did upload them on art4apps, but may it is some thing to explore...

Hi,

This is an interesting approach. The tests I did several years ago was
not very good. As we are talking education, it is important to have a
good pronunciation. Also I found out that not all languages are
available and on the same software the quality may vary between languages.

But yes I am confident that the quality of these software have improved.
We also have to check licensing issues.

Could you share with us which software you tested?