[gcompris-devel] GCompris's future

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Sun Feb 9 13:20:23 UTC 2014

Le 09/02/2014 08:36, Shivani Poddar a écrit :
> Hello Bruno,
> I was an intern with gnome-music last year. The compilation of the work I
> did can be found
> here<http://shivanipoddar.wordpress.com/2013/09/18/opw-close/>.This
> time I'd like to venture into GCompris , I have been interested in
> the project since my very onset in opensource (and had a couple of mail
> exchanges with you last year for the same).
> So, will it be possible for you to consider me for GSoC'2014 for the same.
> Thank You,
> Shivani Poddar

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in GCompris. Yes, we would like to have one or
two students this year working on GCompris. But as I mention, we are no
more part of Gnome for the new version based on Qt and we don't know yet
if we will be accepted as an organization by Google.

If we get student they will have to propose a project based on the new
Qt version, either porting existing activities or creating new one in Qt
Quick.