[GCompris-devel] Words list for GCompris

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Wed Dec 24 00:36:55 UTC 2014

Hi,

Some of you started to complete the translation of GCompris, thanks a
lot for that but we have to ask you an additional effort.

In order to fully localize it, there are 2 specific files that must be
provided for each locale. The first one is the list of characters in
your language and the second is a list of words. They are used in our
falling letters and falling words activity and let the children discover
the keyboard and improve their reading skills. By default english will
be used thus it is important to create them.

We have ported these files from the Gtk+ version but for some language
we didn't have them.

First step is to check if the files are already present for your locale
with:
ls src/activities/*/resource/default-<you locale code>.json

If you have 2 files your are done. If not, read the instructions on our
wiki to create them:
http://gcompris.net/wiki/Word_Lists_Qt

If we are unclear, don't hesitate to contact us,