[GCompris-devel] GCompris in Qt Quick, initial call for translation

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Sun Dec 7 14:35:22 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have seen that several translation teams started to work on GCompris.
Thanks a lot for that.

I integrated a new feature to let a teacher or parent create a favorite
list of activities and hide the activity section thus creating a
customized version with only the relevant activities for the children.
For this I added a new option and thus a new string.

We are also adding the KDE branding sticking to the content of
kaboutkdedialog_p.cpp so that the new strings will be known to all of
you. I plan to complete this today.

I have not given any release date for now but as the progress is going
fine on all fronts I think we could make the release for December the
24th, to be just in time for the Christmas tree. I know we won't have
all the languages but to me reaching 10 languages would be a great start.

As the release cycle on Android is under our control, I plan to make
regular release on a 1 to 2 months schedule as we still miss a lot of
activities to reach the level of the Gtk+ version. Concerning the
translation updates, we have in the pipe a feature that would let us
download a given translation on gcompris.net with a local cache. Thus it
would be even easier to push new translations as soon as they are
completed without having to wait for a new release.

Is this release date too pushy for you?