[GCompris-devel] Menu change proposal

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Sun Dec 7 03:07:30 UTC 2014

Le 01/12/2014 23:56, Bruno Coudoin a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I would like to share with you an idea I had on our menu.
>
> Currently we have the first section which is a star and that is more
> like an * which means 'no filter' show me all the activities.
>
> As the number of activities is quiet large, it is not that practical
> to use the * section and I personnaly prefer to remember where they
> are and go in their section.
>
> On Android, it is common to use the star as a marker for 'my
> preference'. The idea is to put a grey star on each activity and when
> selected it becomes yellow and this activity become visible in the
> star section. To removed, just click again on the star and it becomes
> gray again.
>
> This way the children can create easily its personal list of preferred
> activities.
>
> Technically we have to save the star status on each activity in our
> config file to make it persistent.

Hi,

I have implemented the favorite activity feature. I am more than please
by the result.

Discussing with Emmanuel on IRC, an additional idea emerged.

Now that we can easily create our favorite activities, it would be nice
to hide the section bar to let the children see only the relevant
activities. To do this, I added an option in the configuration dialog
box so that you can persist this information. Thus one can configure
GCompris and when the children run it the next time she sees only the
favorite activities, not the section bar. Of course, in this mode, the
favorite icon does not appear.

This option is also accessible with ctrl-f on PC.

Do you like it, sounds useful?

PS: Sorry translators, I added a new string.