[GCompris-devel] Menu change proposal

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Mon Dec 1 22:56:58 UTC 2014

Hi,

I would like to share with you an idea I had on our menu.

Currently we have the first section which is a star and that is more
like an * which means 'no filter' show me all the activities.

As the number of activities is quiet large, it is not that practical to
use the * section and I personnaly prefer to remember where they are and
go in their section.

On Android, it is common to use the star as a marker for 'my
preference'. The idea is to put a grey star on each activity and when
selected it becomes yellow and this activity become visible in the star
section. To removed, just click again on the star and it becomes gray again.

This way the children can create easily its personal list of preferred
activities.

Technically we have to save the star status on each activity in our
config file to make it persistent.

What do you think?