[GCompris-devel] gcompris [Sailfish OS]

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 09:34:30 UTC 2014

Hi,

I took a first look this week-end.

My aim was to create the rpm without using QtCreator. I first
installed cmake on the mersdk virtual machine, then run it and
compile.
Some little changes in the source code need to be made (Sailfish uses
Qt5.2). but I think the compilation is ok (except I didn't try to use
sailfish "sdk" where we can enable the "booster").

I don't think we can deploy GCompris like that but we need to create a rpm.

The rpm package structure looks like:
/usr/bin/GCompris
/usr/share/GCompris/{data}

Actually, we do (if I'm not wrong):
bin/GCompris
bin/{rcc/translations}/{data}

My next aim was to create the good folders and put the files in them
in order to create the rpm.
Sailfish uses the .pro file from QtCreator but we do not have this so
I need to take a look at what it does and see if we can bypass it (or
create it on the fly).
I didn't take a good look yet on how runs rpmbuild and how it's called
by QtCreator compiler.

Do you know which files are needed to run rpmbuild and where to put
the files ? Once we have it, the cmake rules should be simple :
- "make" to compile GCompris
- "make sailfish_rpm" which will create the folders, copy the files
and run rpmbuild.
... ("make sailfish_deploy" if needed)

I also saw that CPack can create rpms
(http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.1/module/CPackRPM.html). Do you
know if the rpm packages needed by Sailfish are the same as "regular"
ones ?

------

For your try, what are the troubles ? Are the missing plugins the jpeg
and xcb ones ? I also had this problem and I just commented on the
src/core/CMakeLists.txt for now...

When you have some time, can you describe me what you did so maybe
this could help me some way ?

Thanks,