[GCompris-devel] GCompris in Qt Quick, initial call for translation

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Mon Dec 1 00:21:35 UTC 2014

Hi all,

As promised the rewrite of GCompris in Qt Quick is ready to be
translated. So far 86 activities on the 140 of the Gtk+ version have
been rewritten and we feel this is enough to make a public release.

The last step before showing the world our one year of work (thanks to
all the contributors) is translations.

We did an effort to import the translations from the Gtk+ version even
if they are marked fuzzy, this is better than starting from scratch.

Some translation have already been imported in KDE i18n. If you want to
work on a translation that as not been imported, first try the tool in
tools/convertPoToTsFiles/createLocale.sh. You have to pass it the po
file of the Gtk+ version and it will create an initial translation file
for your locale.

As this is an initial translation, I expect the first one to raise
issues so we cannot really call it a string freeze at this stage. On the
GCompris side, we will not integrate any new activities on the master
branch, just bug fixes, usability and packaging.

If you test GCompris during your translation work, don't hesitate to
send us feedback. By the way, the GCompris mailing list has been
migrated on KDE [1].