[gcompris-devel] New GCompris web site

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Sun Sep 15 20:19:37 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Our web site was ten years old, a major refresh was more than needed.

This new one is no more based on a CMS engine but is coded in python
with the jinja2 template engine and generated statically.

The site is now generated on the fly including the screenshots pages.
Very important, the new site translation is managed through po files
like the GCompris code base making it easier for translators to localize
the web site.

The source of the site can be found on github here
http://gcompris.net/newsite

You can test the new web site here: http://gcompris.net/newsite

Your comment either good or bad are appreciated. I will switch to the
new site based on your feedback.