[gcompris-devel] Some changes in the lang words

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Fri Oct 11 21:43:39 UTC 2013

Le 11/10/2013 08:41, Fòram na Gàidhlig a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just completed with the help of my wife a new voice set for the french
>> words.
>>
>> Part of this task I made a lot of small adjustments. I added a
>> mate_female and mate_male to suit languages having a gender to
>> differenciate them.
>>
>> I also reworked some images, in most cases its just minor changes. The
>> biggest change is that I removed the sail in the ship.png image to make
>> it distinguishable with sail.png.
>>
>> If you made the word voice set have a look at my work to see if I did
>> not break your work.
> Since words need to be unique, we will all need to add a new word for
> this. Both terms can come up in the game at the same time, so the player
> needs something unique to choose from.

To be precise, we had friend, mate and pal. I added mate_female,
mate_male. For the french I did this:

friend => des amis (friends)
mate_female => une camarade
mate_male => un copain
mate => not provided
pal => not provided

What is important to see is that it is not obliged to provide a voice
for each word. If a word is not provided, the image will not be proposed
in the game. In order to keep track of the fact that I want to exclude a
word from the set, I just keep it in the content.txt file but commented
with a # like "#pal.ogg:NA".