[gcompris-devel] gnumch localisable "yummy yummy" - filepath

Fòram na Gàidhlig fios at foramnagaidhlig.net
Mon May 13 12:24:15 UTC 2013

My question: How to I find out the gcompris install directory in a
Python module? I expect that something has already been programmed for
this, but I just can't find it.

I am working on:

/ src / gnumch-equality-activity / gnumch.py

And I want to make eat.wav localisable.

I could simply call:

gcompris.sound.play_ogg("voices/$LOCALE/misc/eat.ogg")

However, if the file is not there, it won't play anything. So, I need to
check if the file is there in order to play the default sound instead if
it's not.

This can be done with os.path.isfile(), but I need to specify the full
absolute path for this.