[gcompris-devel] Spinner/Slider/Textbox for Input

Kesha Shah kesha.shah1106 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 22:11:23 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I already had completed the exercise for new contributors activity about
2-3 months ago, but due to busy schedule of university and projects,
couldn't continue then.

I have got winter holidays now. Today, I started working upon making an
activity to recognize the time from clock.  It is almost 85% done. Made
three levels- first for introduction and the next two with increasing
complexity to find the time. I found it pretty interesting and fun to do.
But, I got stuck at a point, where I need your help.

In my activity, I have shown the clock with arms of hour hand and minute
hand. I need to take as input from the player, the hour and minute he
reads. I guess a simple spinner with 1-12 for hour and 0-59 values for
minute would be fine, but didn't get any related GooCanvas API for that. I
thought of other alternatives as slider or two text-boxes to get value of
hour and minute from user. What would be best way according to you ? Can
you please provide some pointers (or example) for implementing it.

Regards,
--
Kesha Shah.