[gcompris-devel] GCompris on Transifex

Fòram na Gàidhlig fios at foramnagaidhlig.net
Tue Apr 2 17:23:01 UTC 2013

01/04/2013 01:13, sgrìobh Bruno Coudoin:
> Le 29. 03. 13 19:29, Fòram na Gàidhlig a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> are you aware of this translation project?
>>
>> https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/gcompris/
>>
>> It doesn't seem to have a maintainer, and having two sites hosting the
>> files might play havoc with consistency / doubling translation efforts.
>>
>> I do like their web interface though :)
>>
> Hi,
>
> I am not aware of this effort. GCompris translations are managed through
> the Gnome Translation Teams. But being free software, everyone is free
> to maintain their own translations. In some case in makes sense, in
> others it is a waste of efforts.
>
> Bruno.

I think there should at leat be a note on the Transifex project that
it's not the official repository. Just imagine you would have two people
coding the same thing concurrently and then you have to merge a huge
codebase. That's what concurrent translations are like as well.

I would contact the maintainer of the project at Transifex, but there is
none. So, we would need to contact Transifex themselves, and that would
be best done by somebody who has a GCompris e-mail address IMHO.

Cheers

GC