[gcompris-devel] GSoC project

Bastien bzg at laptop.org
Sat Oct 6 08:10:02 UTC 2012

Hi Matilda,

Matilda Bernard <serah4291 at gmail.com> writes:

> 3) Food Classification: There would be various levels for the various food
> categories. At Each level a particular food group would be mentioned (e.g.
> Fruits) and different food items would be present. Kids will have to make
> GMuncher (a character) eat only the items belonging to that particular
> category. The importance of these food categories would be mentioned at
> each level and at the end of completion of the activity a food plate
> showing the recommended portions would also be displayed encouraging a
> balanced diet. I will be using the GNumcher activity to quite an extent for
> this one.

Sorry to come back very late to this, but here are some links you might
find useful for your work.

The Sugar platform (the free software used by the OLPC project) has an
activity called "Nutrition":

  http://activities.sugarlabs.org/fr/sugar/addon/4555

Also, OLPC France has been working on a new activity, here is a video
presenting some mockups/ideas:

  http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xma66e_demonstration-activite-nutrino_tech

The context of this work has been developed here:

  http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xm2zmd_olpc-france-presenting-a-sugar-activity-about-nutrition-at-the-2-sugarcamp-in-paris_tech

Finally, there is GNUtrition, but I've never managed to install and run
it properly.  Just in case:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutrition/

HTH,

--