[gcompris-devel] Beth music activities fully integrated

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Sat Oct 6 00:32:17 UTC 2012

Le vendredi 05 octobre 2012 à 13:40 +0200, denis a écrit :
> On 04/10/2012 22:32, Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> > For the translation, what you can do is update it yourself. The most
> > important part for you is the names of the note so it would be very
> > fast. Maybe this will bring us some more bugs.
> >
> > Bruno.
> >
> After translating in french WHITE_KEY_NOTATION, SHARP_NOTATION,
> FLAT_NOTATION in
> te python file 'gcomprismusic.py'
> The activity "PianoComposition" (from level 6) cannot play the songs
> from "boards/piano_composition/melodies.desktop.in"
> because they are coded with the English notation that was modified for
> translation purpose ...

Hi,

The correct process is to translate in the file po/fr.po
You first must update it with:
cd po
intltool-update fr

then edit it with poedit or kbabel.

find the strings A, B, C, A#, B# ... translate them

then
make
sudo make install

Rerun GCompris and you should have the correct note names. I tested here
and it works.