[gcompris-devel] Explore world animals

Peter Albrecht pa-dev at gmx.de
Thu Oct 4 08:47:40 UTC 2012

Hi!

I just discovered the "explore world animals" activity:

Very nice menu icon and the little penguins on the map are
very cute! :)

One remark:
It seems to be "hard", to position icons on the map, since
two penguins might overlap and it is never very clear, where
the animal can be found precisely.

E.g.: Looking at the icon for the "hedgehog in Europe", the
center of the penguin seems to be in the Mediterranean Sea
or the north coast of Africa. So I guess, the point, the
icon refers to, is identified by the upper left corner of
the icon. But there is nothing in the icon, which explaining
this.

It not really a big deal, but maybe, it could be improved by
adding some "icon points to..." functionality to explore
activities.
> placeIcon(icon_position_x, icon_position_y, refers_x, refers_y)

This would place the icon somewhere on the map and draws a
pointer from the icon to the "refers-to-point".

See sample (created with Inkscape/GIMP):
  http://imgur.com/SUPOm

Regards,
	Peter