[gcompris-devel] Release 12.11PRE1

Peter Albrecht pa-dev at gmx.de
Wed Nov 14 20:35:42 UTC 2012

Hi!

This time it's up to me to apologize for a late answer.

All comments are based on a fresh gcompris build, based on
commit 035c2a2f5ee39a4ce35e7cbb43f85f4c601c13ca on 11.11.2012.

On 04.11.2012 16:26, Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> Le mercredi 24 octobre 2012 à 23:06 +0200, Peter Albrecht a écrit :
>> ** place_your_satellite **
>>
>> The introduction text in "place_your_satellite" is not
>> displayed very well:
>>
>>> Click anywhere on the screen to place the satellite at a
>>> distance from the planet.
>>> Then click on the satellite and drag a line that sets the speed
>>> of the satellite.
>>
>> The third line, ending with speed is too long. It does not
>> fit in the box.
>
> This is odd because it works on my side. Looking at the code, we display
> the box around the text. It seems like something is not working on your
> platform. Maybe a different pango library may be the root cause.

On my gentoo system there is currently installed:

  x11-libs/pango in version 1.30.1
  dev-cpp/pangomm in version 2.28.4

I also made a screenshot of the "problem":

  http://imgur.com/8M1aK

>> ** mixing colors of light **
>
> I agree about the viewing angle and we took care of that. The target and
> mixing color place are quite close. The other option would be to make
> the two area concentric but I believe it would make the game too easy
> and less educational.

Agreed. There should be some challenge left. ;)

Regards,
	Peter