[gcompris-devel] Some issues in gcompris after translating

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Tue Jun 26 20:45:51 UTC 2012

Le vendredi 22 juin 2012 à 17:21 +0300, =?UTF-8?Q?
Alexander_Shopov_(=D0=90=D0=BB=D0=B5=D0=BA=D1=81=D0=B0=D0=BD=D0=B4=D1=8A=D1=80_=D0=A8=D0=BE=D0=BF=D0=BE=D0=B2) ?= a écrit :
> Hi everyone,
> I have just updated the Bulgarian translation of gcompris and wanted to
> ask about some issues. Some seem like quick fixes, if needed I can file
> bugs but I decided to check first.
>
> 1. The complex colours are kind of way complex. Can we have some
> translator comments about the hex values? I had to translate some of them
> using a fine arts painting university textbook on the process of paint and
> pigment production.

Hi,

I am not a color expert either. I understand that this is a difficult
part to translate. If you can get the color codes, they must me edded in
the file
src/advanced_colors-activity/resources/advanced_colors/activity.desktop.in

> 2. "1955 Citroën ds 19" - is the name not written with capitals - like "DS
> 19"?

Yes, its fixed now.

> 3. "GCompris uses the Gnucap electric simulator as a backend. You can get
> more information on gnucap at <http://geda.seul.org/tools/gnucap/>."
> -> link is gone

Fixed.

> 4. #: ../src/gcompris/config.c:71
> #: ../src/geography-activity/resources/geography/board5_0.xml.in.h:7
> msgid "Czech Republic"
> I think there should be 2 strings - one for the country "Czech Republic"
> and anothe for the language "Czech" - all other languages and countries are
> like this

I is named like this because this is the official name for this country:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czech_Republic

> 5. "The solver algorithm described on haar.clara.co.uk is a valuable
> resource to know more about the Lights Off game:
> <http://www.haar.clara.co.uk/Lights/solving.html>" -> link is gone

Thanks, replaced by a link to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lights_Out_(game)

> 6. "Learn how to enter text in a wordprocessor. .... like OpenOffice.org."
> - LibreOffice seems more popular at least in linux based systems, should we
> not add it there?

Fixed.