[gcompris-devel] Missing activities

Philip Morris phil at northquayit.com
Thu Jan 19 16:26:15 UTC 2012

This may be of use to people in the future, but on an OpenSuse 11.4 system,
here arr the dependencies that were required to get gcompris 12.1 up and
running:

intltool 0.41
gdk-pixbuf-loader-rsvg
gambas2-gb-gtk-svg
gtk2-engine-svg
librsvg-devel
librsvg-devel
gtk2-devel
libxml2-devel,
gstreamer-0_10 plugins good, bad ugly and devel
GNET and GNET devel
sqlite3 and sqlite3 devel
alsa and alsa devel, pulseaudio
gstreamer plugins base
python-gtk-devel
python-devel
python-gobject-devel
python-cairo-devel
and back reved gnuchess to version 5.07-152.1 to stop the crashes

And when you are doing this online using SuseStudio this takes a "little
bit of time" ... fortunately I have a sympathetic wife  ... I think.. :-)

Once I have worked out what scripts are required to automatically install
Gcompris into the build  (i.e. sh configure, make and make install) I'll
publish the new LIVE CD and link to it here.

On 19 January 2012 15:44, Sascha Gresk
<sascha.gresk at opensource-consult.com>wrote:

> Same here ...
>
> I am using a Ubuntu 11.10 MacBook and installed gcompris by
>

> apt-get install python-gobject-dev python-gtk2-dev python-webkit-dev
> apt-get install python-cairo-dev
>
> sh configure
> make
> make install
>
> My missing braille activities just returned .
>
> Thanks for sharing !
>

> Salut,
> Sascha
>
> --
>
> creativity is based on your neighbourhood.
>

> Opensource-Consult ist:
> Kleingewerbebetrieb Sascha Gresk (Inhaber)
> Mobil : +4915124102341
> E-Mail: sascha.gresk at opensource-consult.de
> USt-IdNr: DE209886748
> Scharnhorststrasse 58
> 44147 Dortmund
>
> Am 19.01.2012 um 00:24 schrieb Philip Morris:
>
> >  python-gtk-devel

With Kind Regards

Phil Morris
Phone: (m) 07797 962072