[gcompris-devel] Applying as a student for GSoC

Karthik S itskarthik.s at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 17:51:48 UTC 2011

Hello,

This is Karthik from Chennai, India.
I'm really interested in the* gcompris* project especially by the very
motive of it, i.e. to educate the children from 2-10 years which I feel is
most necessary.

I would like to contribute to this project as a student, part of * GSoC
program.*
I have cloned the code and am reading through them now.
Please help me on what I should go about with from this stage, I'm fluent
with the languages used in this project and am studying the architecture,
components used.

*
I'm wondering whether to start working on a new application straight away or
start with a Bugfix?

And if its a bugfix that I have to work upon what should I start with?

My Idea:
*
*Though I liked a lot of Ideas in the wiki page, My idea is to have another
*
*Mathematics app (a very simple one) : *
*-> Question : is a number from 1 to 1000 *
*-> Given : is a set of numbers *
*-> Answer :  is a subset from the Given set of numbers which needs to be
selected to that the sum of the selected numbers is equal to the number
given in the qyestion.*
*This can be extended to other mathematical operations also, this would
highly increase the efficiency in calculation in a child's memory.*

Really Excited,
Thanks a lot,
Yours Sincerely

*Karthik Subramanian