[gcompris-devel] Silent Install for v9.5.2

Antonio Lam alamall2009 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 12:17:57 UTC 2011

I understand that I can install it silently using a /s switch on Windows
machines. However my school currently has v8,x installed on most of the
computers. I have found that even with the /s switch, the installer still
prompts me if it is ok to remove the older version. I wonder if there is
anyway I can install v9 silently and have v8 removed automatically without
any prompt. For some other machine, it seems that GCompris is partially
removed, and when run the installer it asks if it is ok to remove the old
files (not software). How can I get rid of all these prompts and have the v9
installed nicely?

Antonio