[gcompris-devel] compilation problem on mingw

Sharad Gupta sharad.gupta at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 09:34:08 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am trying to compile gcompris (version 11.12) and getting the following
error.

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -luuid.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libuuid and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: /mingw/lib/libuuid.a

*** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
*** dependencies of module libalgebra_guesscount.  Therefore, libtool will
create
*** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
*** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.

I proceeded with the make process and after doing 'make install' i ran
gcompris from /usr/local/bin. I get the following error:

gcompris: Failed to open module ../share/gcompris\libmenu.dll with name
menu (error=`../share/gcompris\libmenu.dll': The specified module could not
be found.)
gcompris: No plugin library found for board type 'menu', requested by
'../share/gcompris/boards/menu.xml'
gcompris: Dialog=Couldn't find the board menu, or plugin execution error

I am struggling with this problem for more than a  week now and not able to
make any progress. so much so that i have lost my sleep because of this
issue :-(

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sharad