[gcompris-devel] Bruno goes Brazil

littlebat dashing.meng at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 09:02:44 UTC 2010

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 10:37:55 +0200
Fionn Ziegler <fionnziegler at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 12:56 AM, Bruno Coudoin
> <bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net> wrote:
> > Le lundi 11 octobre 2010 à 15:27 +0200, Fionn Ziegler a écrit :
> >> Have a nice trip!!
> >> By the way: whats happened to the draw-chat-add-on? Did you receive
> >> it?
> >
> > Yes, I got it but did not checked yet. I am focussed on the
> > wiktionary to xml work. So far I have been able to get some results
> > there: http://gcompris.net/wiki/Wiktionary_to_XML
> >
> > Anyway, I will integrate your work before the next release.
> >
> >> Currently I am working on a small game in GCompris: A bad guy
> >> (something like a thief) is throwing trash from the top of the
> >> screen and the child must control a bin to catch the falling
> >> trash :-) Its quite funny. The child is training reaction,
> >> coordination (left/right) and throwing the trash into the bin (not
> >> in the street)!
> >
> > Hum, I am not a teacher but I feel the educational purpose is too
> > small for GCompris. This kind of training reaction is the basis of
> > most games and I don't see the value to have this in GCompris.
> >
> > Other advices ?
>
> I have been 1 year in a "third-world" country. I think it's a good way
> avoiding the children to throw the trash in the environment (the
> game-screen backgrounds are from the street, beach, river.......).
> Also had a lot handicapped children, they don't are able to play the
> "advanced" games. Even 1+1 is too much nor spell their own name. Maybe
> you can call it "environmental education"
>
> But if you really think it's not fitting, please tell me...

Where can download your current work?

I think it is too early to say a work has no value to be included into
the GCompris without even a glance at it :-)

We should always encourage anyone to contribute to Open Source, isn't
it?

At last, I admire your effort on making such a game even if it can't be
included into GCompris at the end.

Best regards,

--
littlebat