[gcompris-devel] GCompris 8.5PRE for N900 - speed issues ahead

Terje Bergström terje at terje.fi
Sat Jan 2 07:10:39 UTC 2010

On 2.1.2010, at 2.41, Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> What you may try is to force GCompris to not zoom itself. This way we
> will see if the rescaling causes the slowlyness.
>
> To do this, you must hack gcompris.c at line 284, replace:
>  zoom_factor = MIN(xratio, yratio);
> into;
>  zoom_factor = 1.0;
>
> Let me know what it does.

Hi,

It has a small effect, but still clicking on power button until dialog opens takes just a bit less than 3 seconds. I tried to get more accurate oprofile readings, but it requires debug packages for all libraries used by gcompris. I'm running a bit newer software than what has been published, and debug symbols haven't been published for that yet.

I did generate debug symbols for gcompris itself and librsvg, but that didn't help analysis much.

Terje