[gcompris-devel] My Findings

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Fri Feb 12 20:34:02 UTC 2010

Le vendredi 12 février 2010 à 02:29 -0500, Chester Cressman a écrit :
> I installed both versions from http://home.gcompris.net/bruno/ to Vista
> and Ubuntu Karmic (I dual boot my laptop)  a few hours ago. These are
> first impressions, not a full scale test.

Thanks a lot for taking time to do this.

> Both versions are missing the picture for Rhode Island in the USA puzzle.

Oops, I have a fix for that.

> The first USA puzzle in Vista did not have the boundary lines that the
> one in Karmic had.

I fixed this in between the Windows and tar build if I remember.

> When I turned off the music in the Windows version, I did not have any
> sound at all.

Hum, this is really annoying. I have to fix that one or parents will
hate me, the music starts to be very annoying after a while.

By the way there is probably more content available under a free licence
now. If someone want to provide a us with a couple of songs for our
background music. I would be especially interested in having content
more international around for example asian or african theme.

> By the way, what is the device in the second level of electronics that
> has only one terminal?

This is just a spot to let the children make a cute schematic drawing.
As soon as you try to make an advanced drawing it may be useful.

A little bug on this activity, to repair the bulb, you must drag it and
not only click on it.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net  Free educational software for kids