[gcompris-devel] GCompris

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Tue Dec 7 22:15:18 UTC 2010

Le mardi 07 décembre 2010 à 11:37 -0600, Betty Kamstra a écrit :
> Bruno,
>
> I downloaded the GCompris software and installed it. When I run it I
> see a rectangle and a little penguin for my cursor. I hear music and I
> hear them say “Welcome to GCompris”. The music continues to play but
> nothing happens. I have Windows Vista.

Thanks for your bug report. Could you please tell me if you have a 64bit
or 32bit Windows installed.

I could reproduce a similar issue in Windows 7 64 bit but in my case I
have an SQL error reported in a specific window.

In my case, as a work around, I could run it by de-activating our
internal sqlite database. To do this, right click on the GCompris
starter icon on your desktop and select properties. In the target field,
append '-l' so the the line looks like:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\GCompris\gcompris.exe" -l /

Of course, it is not possible to use the administration menu with this
option.

I consider the problem serious enough to let the downloads on
gcompris.net fallback to release 9.3 until we can come with a fix.

Does anybody has run GCompris on Windows Vista and Seven on 32 bits
successfully ? Do you also fail to run it on 64 bits systems.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net  Free educational software for kids