[gcompris-devel] new python gcompris activity problem

Fionn Ziegler fionnziegler at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 15:35:46 UTC 2010

Hello GC guys,
firstly thanks for your great work on gcompris. I'm using it every day in my
class with disabled childrens.
I have some ideas for new activities so I tried creating a test activity
following your tutorial in the developers corner. I am a Java developer, so
I am new to C++/Python.
I copied the activity folder, changed the files (configure.ac,
src/Makefile.am,
myactivity-activity/pythontest.xml+.in/init_path.sh/pofiles). When I
try to start the activity with "sh runit.sh
myactivity-activity" I get this error: "Couldn't find the board menu
experimental/myactivity-activity or plugin execution error".
I figured out, that the board xml files aren't created. But why?
Any ideas? Need more info?

Thanks for your help,

Fionn Ziegler