[gcompris-devel] suggest don't use a flag to represent a language in language selector in both GCompris software and website

littlebat dashing.meng at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 09:58:56 UTC 2010

Freedom software is for human beings, for languages, and not for countries.

I found in GCompris V9.3Beta2, there is a "flag" of Taiwan to represent the Traditional Chinese in language selector. This will cause a critical argument concerning politics. As known, the "flag" of Taiwan can't be used most areas in this world. So, it also should can't be used in GCompris.

GCompris is a freedom software for human beings, so it should avoid politics issue, I think.

Language <> country.

For our common goal, I suggest cancel flags in both GCompris software and website to avoid this issue.

--
littlebat <dashing.meng at gmail.com>