[gcompris-devel] GCompris release 8.5RC3

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Thu Nov 12 20:23:07 UTC 2009

Le jeudi 12 novembre 2009 à 20:34 +0100, Wolfram Sang a écrit :
> > Sorry but it will be too late for this release unless we find other
> > issues the requires time to fix.
>
> Was there a schedule for this freeze? Sadly, I didn't notice anything. If
> so, maybe a reminder would be a good idea.

2 days ago my hope was to find the motivation to complete the animation
I started one year ago. I would be hard on this branch to have a plan
but I hope this is over and we can now move again on a regular
incremental enhancement now that the complex structural changes are
completed.

> > The issue is that we need to make a string freeze now and that I assume
> > your new mode for the scale requires string changes. We need a 2 weeks
> > break to give time to the translator.
>
> That string freeze seems reasonable. Luckily, my patch does _not_ alter
> any strings. Might this give me a chance?

Yes, it gives you 2 weeks more.

> > By the way, how long do you need to complete your work ?
>
> I'll try to finish it today, latest at weekend.

This is perfect, then I'll call for translation next Monday.

BTW, I don't remember, what are you doing on the scale activity. Just to
be sure, you are working on the 8.5 Branch.

Last point but unrelated, I will call the new release 9.0 instead of 8.5
because it is very different.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net  Free educational software for kids