[gcompris-devel] GCompris release 8.5RC3

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Wed Nov 11 23:28:05 UTC 2009

Le vendredi 12 décembre 2008 à 21:15 +0100, Bruno Coudoin a écrit :

> I just uploaded a new release of our development version.
>
> There are new activities from Yves in it. These are based on the
> memory
> activity but dedicated to mathematics skills.
>
> The major missing piece is now to complete the animation activity.

It is almost one year now that we did not have a new release of the
development branch.

I wanted to be sure it is equivalent or better than the 8.4 branch.
Today I completed the work on the animation activity. It provides the
ability to re-edit frames at will so it is much more fun to use.

So far I was probably true to focus on it looking at a new article about
GCompris that mentions the animation as the 'gem' in GCompris:
http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/learning-gcompris

I consider the development as completed and this release candidate is
our latest change to test it and fix bugs. I will call for translations
asap.

This release is an important step for GCompris, it brings many important
structural enhancement like a modern graphical backend (goocanvas /
cairo).

It is time for you to help, please test it extensively and report bugs
here or in our bugzilla.

The release is only available as source, you can find it there:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gcompris/files/gcompris/8.5PRE3/gcompris-8.5PRE3.tar.gz/download

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net  Free educational software for kids