[gcompris-devel] some bugs with 8.3.11

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Thu Mar 19 20:33:08 UTC 2009

Le jeudi 19 mars 2009 à 15:13 +0100, miguel2i at free.fr a écrit :
> Le Tue, 17 Mar 2009 23:20:09 +0100,
> Bruno Coudoin <bruno.coudoin at free.fr> a écrit :
>
> > Le mardi 17 mars 2009 à 23:53 +0200, Jorge Mariano a écrit :
> > >
> > > Hi Bruno, being that it's been tested under w32, can I just get the
> > > code
> > > from svn as I do with linux , or do I need a new .exe (package) ?
> >
> > No you cannot test on Windows, my remark was for Linux as this code is
> > the same. Maybe someone can make a test on Linux.
> >

> Ok it work for me.
>
> But in single mode, there is a strange behavior.
> if we don't wait the end of sound, same cards are not hidden.

Yes, I am afraid this code has been tweaked more than it can supports
it. Originally it was pretty sequential and worked fine. But users
complained that it was annoying to wait for the sound to complete before
clicking on the second card.

When we tweaked it to support that, we made the code unstable because a
sound end can happen at any time and no more reflect the game state.

Well, I'll have a look at it trying to make a better fix.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net  Free educational software for kids