[gcompris-devel] Ideas for GCompris

bruno bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Thu Jun 18 06:43:10 UTC 2009

Le mercredi 17 juin 2009 à 19:47 -0300, Raphael a écrit :
> Hello, everyone. I'm doing my monograph for college and I'd like very
> much if any of you could give me some ideas for games that you think
> GCompris should have. Improvements for existing games are also
> accepted. Thank you for your help.

Hi,

Welcome in the GCompris community.

We already have a wiki page that list some ideas of missing activities:
http://gcompris.net/wiki/index.php/Ideas_of_activities

Please notice that all developments must be done on the development
branch named gcomprixogoo. This one has the activities each in a
separate directory and uses the goocanvas which is much more advanced
than the venerable gnomecanvas.

By the way, the gcomprixogoo branch is almost complete and we have all
the activities running like before or better. Well except for the
animation activity that I restarted from scratch. It is better now
because it has a timeline and let the children move back and forth
during their drawing. Basically, what is missing now is the support for
image resizing and the load/save feature.

Let us know what you plan to do for GCompris and don't hesitate to ask
technical questions here.

Thanks,