[gcompris-devel] sound delays for 10-20 seconds

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Fri Jul 3 05:58:11 UTC 2009

Le mardi 30 juin 2009 à 20:02 +0300, Slava Dubrovskiy a écrit :
> Hi.
>
> I refresh the version from 8.4.8 to 8.4.12.
> I test, and I see that the sound began to be lost with delays for 10-20
> seconds. For example in memory_sound to play not probably.
>
> Whether there were any changes in 8.4.9 - 8.4.12, what leads to such delays?
> How to correct?

Well is this lag specific to the memory activity or global. I mean do
you experience it also at GCompris startup.

Concerning the memory, yes we made some changes in 8.4.12:
* src/boards/memory.c: (sound_callback): Hopefully fixed a race in which
tux could play several time alone or stop after a single play.

Maybe there is a corner case that we have not taken in account.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net  Free educational software for kids