[gcompris-devel] helping teachers with open source softwares

Jorge Mariano JMariano at 013.net
Mon Feb 2 08:40:51 UTC 2009

Hi Bruno,Miguel and all the other programmers of Gcompris

Today I write to you about a growing interest in the teaching community.

More and more the schools, kindergardens are using open source software
and they find themselves wanting to use what they teach to be included
in the software that the community creates.

ex: Gcompris activities, tuxpaint, tuxmath, etc ...

So a few months ago I asked that a module be build in Gcompris, so that
the teachers be able to change the words/letters in their exercises
inside the activities of Gcompris.
Well it seems that other open source software are receiving the same
requests and it would be great if all the open source community that are
creating software for this type of clients be able to synchronize their
activities and work together.

here is a link to a message of another open source software ( TUXMATH)
asking for participation of another open source software ( Tuxpaint) to
synchronize their work in this matter.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=200902011543.00580.holy%40wustl.edu&forum_name=tuxpaint-devel

What do you say, should the programmers of Gcompris work together with
them in this COMMON cause ?