[gcompris-devel] Sound problems with SuSE 10.2 (RPM from Packman)

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Mon May 19 21:52:20 UTC 2008

Le samedi 17 mai 2008 à 10:15 +0200, Michael Eckert a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> If have still not managed to run gcompris on suse 10.2 with sound.
> I tried different sound servers under KDE (alsa, open sound and auto
> det.) but the speakers kept silent.

I don't remember, did you manage to make the gstreamer work on the
command line as a minimal test:

You can try by hand if gstreamer can play an oggvorbis file by running
the following command (replace X.ogg by an ogg file location), all on
one line:
gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=X.ogg ! oggdemux ! vorbisdec !
audioconvert ! audioresample ! alsasink

If this does not work, no need to go further, GCompris won't work
either. You may need to install additional package to get oggdemux codec
for gstreamer.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids