[gcompris-devel] Installing Gcompris offline on Ubuntu

Samuel Murray leuce at absamail.co.za
Mon Mar 24 13:16:59 UTC 2008

Samuel Murray wrote:

> This also looks promising:
>
> http://aptoncd.sourceforge.net/

Yes.  It creates an ISO with all your existing packages (or the packages
you select, but I'm not sure if it calculates dependencies if you select
only certain packages).  You then burn this to a CD, and when you pop
the CD into the other computer's drive, it automatically offers to add
these to Synaptic.  Easy peasy.

I just wish I knew how to get Xubuntu to "autoplay" a mounted ISO,
because it would be nice not to have to burn real CDs all the time.

Samuel