[gcompris-devel] Installing Gcompris offline on Ubuntu

Samuel Murray leuce at absamail.co.za
Mon Mar 24 06:33:41 UTC 2008

Bruno Coudoin wrote:

> No, autopackages are self contained. It should includes all the specific
> library GCompris uses beside the regular one you expect to find on any
> GNU/Linux system.

I tried the autopackage and it seemed to work, except that I had to run
back to the connected PC *once* to download autopackage.tar.bz2.  Then
you put this bz2 file in the same folder as the .package file, change
the permissions on the .package file to allow execution, and
double-click it (and select "Run").

But I'm having some problems with Ubuntu 6.10 so I'm going to do a clean
install of 7.10 today, and then I'll try these options again.

Samuel