[gcompris-devel] Installing Gcompris offline on Ubuntu

José Jorge jjorge at free.fr
Sun Mar 23 10:32:06 UTC 2008

Samuel Murray a écrit :
> G'day everyone
>
> I installed Ubuntu 6.10 on my two children's computers, and I would like
> them to play Gcompris.  However, these computers are not connected to
> the internet.  Do you know if there are offline installation packages
> available for Ubuntu?
>
> The alternative is that I install a VM and then install Windows into it
> and let them play on the Windows version of Gcompris.
>
> Samuel

No, the alternative is to use the autopackage provided by gcompris
website. But the main question is to be asked to Ubuntu lists, not
Gcompris one. Maybe they will suggest you to use an Edubuntu install.

As example, as I only use Mandriva Linux, I can tell you the DVD install
comes with GCompris.
 So you can install it without Internet connection. But you need a DVD
burner.