[gcompris-devel] Anyone working on adding support for Journals on the XO?

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Thu Mar 13 07:02:02 UTC 2008

Le mercredi 12 mars 2008 à 21:57 -0400, Prabhas Pokharel a écrit :
> Please get in touch with me.
> (http://gcompris.net/wiki/index.php/Todo_for_OLPC, under What's left to
> do, bullet point 2).
>
> A few friends at university and I are looking at projects to work on for
> the XO, and we thought gcompris would be a place to start.
> I have started to help with icon sugarization, but would also like to
> begin coding as well.

I am no aware of someone working on this. You are welcome to do it but
there are some issue to take in mind.

So far, we only have our minimalist word processor and our animation
activity that does save user generated contend.

Sadly, in the gcomprixogoo branch which is our development branch were
we replaced gnomecanvas by goocanvas, I never completed the port of our
animation activity.

So we have left only the wordprocessor but I don't know if it is a
relevant application for the XO since it ships with it's own
wordprocessor by default.

So the question is, is this really needed to support the journal in
GCompris or could we just stop shipping these 2 activities.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids