[gcompris-devel] Questions on GCompris voices

F Wolff friedel at translate.org.za
Fri Jan 4 19:32:59 UTC 2008

Hallo everybody

I finally got myself a proper microphone, and I started working on the
GCompris voices.

I made a file listing all of the filenames and the text spoken in them,
so that I could translate it all, and construct the files without having
to listen all the time to the English sounds again. Perhaps we can put
this list somewhere.

I have a few questions, however.

bosnia_herzegovina.ogg: Serbia Montenegro: Isn't this more commonly
known as "Serbia and Montenegro"?

czech.ogg: Czechoslovakia - I didn't check the use in the software, but
is this definitely referring to the historic country now split into the
Czech republic and Slovakia?

bahamas.ogg: Bahamas - isn't this more commonly known as "The Bahamas"?

ok.ogg: "Check answer" - this seems the same as check_answer.ogg - is
this some mistake? What should translations contain?

Thanks for any help provided

Keep well
Friedel